Thursday, April 2, 2009

the best weekend...

So I pretty much had the best weekend of my life.
Friday I went to the DAVID ARCHULETA CONCERT!!! It was amazing, I loved it. I was a little bit sick, but I got through it. I knew every song, except about 4 new ones that are not on the c.d. I bet my family is sick of me because I listen to his whole c.d. almost every single day!!!
These are some of the girls I went with. We all got cool shirts with David on them and a line from one of his songs. One lady actually had us stand so she could guess which songs they were from. I also went with my brothers old girlfriend Amanda (She is awesome, too bad Kyle is on a mission and I do not see you as often) and her little sister Andrea. Andrea got backstage tickets, so she wasn't in the picture. Even though I met these girls that day, we clicked from the start!

One of the coolest things was we sat right across the row from DAVID OSMAND!!! I was freaking out. If you cannot tell, he put his arm around me. He talked to me a little but I was so excited I couldn't really talk back. For any of you who do not know who he is, he is Donny Osmand's nephew, and he was on American Idol for a while, but didn't make the top 36, I was really sad. He also sings the church song "A More Excellent Way" which is one of my favorites!

On Saturday I had my first dance competition of the year... WOHOO!!! It was really fun.

This is our show routine, which is all about candy and is almost 10 minutes long. There are 3 teams, the Sr. Diva's (Which I am on), the Jr. Diva's, and the Mini Diva's. For this dance we do 3 dances all together and one dance for each team. We did really good for this number. We got first place! For my Jazz and Lyrical dances we got 2nd in both, but I was pretty happy because there were 5 teams we were competing against that were all really good.


This is my best dance friend Ali. Some of the little girls have troubles telling us apart sometimes. We are both the dance captains for our team, and I love hanging out with her!

This weekend was pretty much the best ever!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! :) Congrats on doing so well at your competition and I'm glad you had fun at the concert! P.S. We can still play even though Kyle is on a mission, we'll have to invite you over to sing karaoke sometime or something, it's pretty fun

kura2025 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kura2025 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kura2025 said...

A More Excellent Way is my favorite "getting ready for church" song. Fun to sing along to!

The story of his illness and recent recovery is really inspiring.

This is Emma Carson formerly of the CL 1st ward btw. I found your blog through Mindee's. Say hi to your family for me!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Glad the concert was fun and you got to meet some new friends. You look great in your dance pictures (I'm such a good photographer - kidding). You and Ali sure are cute. Love ya sis!

Lisa said...

Looks like the concert was a blast! Good for you. Way to go on the dance competition! You look very cute in your custome!