Sunday, April 26, 2009

April


So I obviously haven't written for a while... so here is my April for you!

1. Travis and Emily are getting married June 27th in the Bountiful Temple!
They went to Mesquite and Mindee took some wedding pictures for them with her mad camera skills. They turned out really cute.


I cannot wait for Emily to be my new sister-in-law!

Dance is pretty much the only thing I have time for anymore, and it is really sad. I dance 2 times a week for 1 hour each day, except when it is competition season I have extra practices.
I don't have many pictures of me in my other costumes, so this is me in my Show costume.

We had a Competition Saturday the 18th at Bonneville High School. It was a tough competition, but turned out okay. I think my team got 2nd in all our dances, but 1st in Show... but I can't really remember because it was confusing! After competing, me and my friend Ali went to a crew battle. It was really cool to see all the moves and stuff. There were 3 judges who have been on TV and in movies (one from America's best dance crew and 2 from High School Musical). It was one of the coolest things I think I have ever seen!
Since my dance teacher was due in May we had another competition on the 25th. Turns out she had her baby Thursday the 23rd... so we didn't have a teacher at our competition, which is a lot of pressure on us. Also to make things more hectic, our dance trailer with all of our show routine props (tables, chairs, mugs, plastic succors, foil kisses, canes, our backdrop, etc.) got stolen on Thursday night! So Friday most girls on our team, and most parents came and we remade everything. It took a lot of work, and it was a lot of money, but we got it done. It was a little different, but it turned out okay. Other than the mugs they remade got dropped and broken, so at our competition we bought and remade those again with extra time when we weren't practicing.
Hectic, I know, but it turned out okay, getting 1st in Lyrical, Hip Hop, and Show, and 2nd in Jazz! We were so proud of ourselves, and I am very happy about how it turned out. We filmed all the dances and some of the dancers saying hi, and are making a movie for my teacher since she couldn't be there.
WOW what an April!

2 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Wow that is hectic! But think of the great memories and stories you have now. Sometimes a crisis ends up being the most fun to remember. Congrats on getting 1st! I loved watching you guys practice and I'm glad you did so well without a teacher. I sure love ya sis!

PS Thanks for the nice compliment about my mad camera skills! Taking pics of the babies this weekend - should be fun.

Lisa said...

You've been busy girl! I'll have to show Megan the pictures of you dancing. She thinks the world of you!