Saturday, October 4, 2008

conference

I don't know if all of you watched Saturday mornings conference, but I heard one story I thought was so cute, and I wanted to share it with you. It was by Niel L. Anderson.
A little girl was born with horrible hearing. Growing older, it got better, but still not perfect. She would have trouble remembering she didn't need to talk so loud to other people. One time at the grocery store she saw a little boy in a wheel chair. She noticed he had no legs. In her loud voice she asked her mom why he had to legs. Her mom told her god made everyone different, but special. The little girl went up to the boy, and said "its okay you have no legs. I was born and I couldn't hear at all. When god comes, you will have legs, and I will be able to hear. That is one way we are special."
I just thought that was so cute. We are all special no matter what!

1 comment:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Conference was wonderful! I totally needed to hear the things that were said. It's refreshing and gives me new motivation to do better, simplify and move forward without fear. I loved that story too. There were so many great stories and I can't wait to get the printed articles so I can read them again. Love ya!