Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pageant

Today is the BIG day. Miss Syracuse and Miss Syracuse Outstanding Teen Awards are given. I will just give you a rundown of how the pageant goes, then I will come on tonight or tomorrow and say how i did :S
-First is the Judges interview. I think it is
25% of your total score. They interview you for 7.5 minutes I think, and they are looking for honesty, correct answers, personality, etc.

-Then it is the actual Pageant:
*We start off with the Production Number which is just all the contestants do a simple dance together, and introduce themselves very briefly. I cannot remember how much it is worth, but I know its very small.
*Instead of doing a swimsuit contest, the Miss Teen girls do an active wear. It is worth maybe
15%. We dress up in something that is cute, and active. For example I am doing tennis, so I have a cute tennis outfit, and racket, and I just walk around the stage and hit poses that are cute.
*Next is the Talent Portion. It is worth
35%.
*Our final change is into our evening gowns. First off we walk around the stage, while the M.C's talk about our future goals and our families and such. The judges are looking for poise, smile, manners, etc. I also don't know how much they score us on this.
*Still in our gowns, we have an onstage interview. It is worth
5%
. They usually make it more easy, and not something you can get wrong, but just an opinion question. Like for instance, they will not ask who is the mayor, or who is the vice president, but more of like, who in your life is your biggest inspiration, or what color describes you most and why?
*Lastly is our crowning...

No comments: